Monday, May 23, 2011

In Alice

Went in to Alice today to buy a new camera – it seems great and I’ve managed to work it out ok...seems very similar to our old one. Rob also bought a plastic dish for a bird bath to put outside the van. There have been lots of birds around but no exciting ones yet; Rob is very pleased and thinks it has lots of potential!

Had lunch at Emily Gap where I practised with the camera (note the self timer shot!),



but nowhere to walk so we went to Olive Pink Botanical Gardens- they are just beautiful, lots of plants in flower.
There we had a walk and coffee and choc mud cake with ice-cream. When Rob said “what about some cream”, the girl said “Ok, I can also give you a bucket of lard and an exercise bike if you like”!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi C & R,
    I love the photo. Aren't you clever now, using a self-timer already on your new camera! I have been following all your blogs and enjoying the journey too; all those scenic specialties and bird life. Glad to hear the new van is going well and no dust inside. Had to laugh at that cracker of a reply from the waitress...now you really know you're outback when they say what they mean quite shamelessly. Remind me not to go there...I'd be a sitting duck! Anyway, safe travels and enjoy yourselves. I'll keep watching. Love Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto to all above...well said Yvonne.

    Freezing here!

    Have Fun!
    Lots Love S. xxxx

    ReplyDelete